Saturday, January 30, 2010

BACK. A very late thank you!

I think no one missed me, but whatever HAHA. I had so much fun at the retreat, though I have lost so much time. Very sorry to my Facebook Seminar group. (I even sort of lsot my voice, hope I can present tomorrow but it sounds pretty sexy now, ya right.) Though I think I better post an entry now before continuing that or I'll have more to do later :/ Good thing retreat ended early (was debating between sleeping a bit or doing this entry)

A big thank you to all the wonderful people in my Facebook App group - Ji Wei and Cong. Did I miss out anyone? Oh ya, J.Low :D The 2 weeks working together with you guys has been awesome, full of laughter, tears (both actually in delight) and uhh. Uhh, yup.

Ji Wei is probably the most amusing person in our group (I mean, actual humor :D). I think you showed me your Matric. Card knowing I'd have some reaction, right? (It was like the most awesome moment for me :D After Jenathon remarking dully "I am good looking, what.") Though I still feel bad. I keep thinking back about it and feeling guilty and then smiling/laughing. But really, even if you made me feel guilty, you are still a wonderful guy HAHA. I never intended to ask you to pay me back btw, but you may photocopy your Matr..., okay nevermind :P I hope you are not pissed with me :( And btw, I don't think I am intending to be a beancounter. But you are so awesome figuring out so much random things J.Low got you to do. I wouldn't have been able to in this time.

Cong is really awesome. Every time I asked: Is it possible to implement blahblah, he will say: Yes. Although it will take a lot of time/is difficult with a ":-)" face online or irl. Which is an awesome answer that makes a lot of sense, instead of replying "no". Which really emphasized our need to prioritize. But Cong managed to do a lot of things I asked about or got me specifically to help with the layout of specific areas so I didn't feel so useless. I was actually really worried about you when you got that toothache since I thought you had fallen sick from overwork. You shouldn't be up for classes at 8am if you go to bed at 5am! Please take better care of yourself leh :P And you are the least mean person in the group :D Super good natured, I like working with you. You and Jenathon handled the programming aspect very well, very dedicatedly. I salute you. Jia you for your next project (hope you remember what it means :D)

Jenathon is also rather awesome, I guess. You still have to get me sour lemons btw. J/k :D I think you learnt how to fish very well on your own, and actually I think you are really sadistic, since you remarked happily with a huge smile on your face about how our group is better than those with full programmers since you actually learnt a lot that way. Like Cong, you torture yourself a lot, but at least you get a bit more sleep ;P But seriously, sleeping late and waking late is unhealthy (yeah yeah "whatever" me when I say this). I still cannot understand why people can't sleep early, wake up early if you end up waking late anyway. If you sleep late, still wake early, then it makes sense. But maybe it is a programmer thing? But you led us well :D And you were nice if I think about it now, like when you actually bothered to explain that you weren't putting down my suggestions, just thinking (I know even without you saying la, I'm also like that some times anyway).

Hmm, for myself, I think I learnt a lot on this project. In the past, I was always used to working with people from the same background. It was really easy to split everything into parts and do it individually. This time though, it was hard to so ao, because when I tried to do the layout initially, I was kind of like hmm... I don't even know if they can implement this, or how exactly they have already arranged everything already (the page was an error page man, nothing to see of what was done so far). But as J.Lo says, just draw, if cannot implement, just redraw again lor :P (It was a joke, ofc the group talked more about it) So communication was important, especially because we had different skills. I also learnt that deliberate "mistakes" are important. I learnt that in MNO, but it didn't make much sense to me then. Then I tried out putting the scrollbars in and I realized that was true to see if it worked. Which was why there was the "Hugh Jackman rocks" spam btw :P Actually it wasn't very hard Jen :P (You just wanted me to do it right.) Even if there were divs in tables which were in divs :/ Lucky Ji Wei saved us with a new code. And I still think I could have helped more o.o I only read through all the file things seriously once I had more time because the different weird margin sizes were irritating me actually and it wasn't a priority HAHA. And it made me think why I didn't do so earlier. 2am-5am very day was possible... boo so I suck for sleeping at 2am. B/c CSS seems really like the designer's job. There isn't nothing for non-programmers to do once we were done except sit and wait to test... it was kinda up to us to go and find something, but I didn't. I was guilty of SLOTH. I love drawing though :( But there wasn't much chance since the app wasn't a game :( Layouts/commenting aren't half as fun even though I know they are necessary.

Okay, I am only kinda reflecting because of the retreat I jsut came back from. Which was awesome, and completely re-energized me. (I actually got less than 5h of sleep the 2 nights) But we mostly sang, listened, ate every 2.5h (I had 6 fantastic meals a day) and there was free flow of coffee/tea/milo/water. Although every time we had to reflect I feel guilty thinking of my seminar group back home or how I didn't do enough for the app or how mean I am and feeling guilty because I actually smile at the last thought. I sware (deliberately mis-spelled in case I fail, but I'm not intending to), Ji Wei, I won't laugh the next time. I am so so sorry I keep bringing it up but it's like, I can't forget T.T

But I enjoyed the entire experience. Back to sem proj.!

8 comments:

  1. That's a really long post --- and I thought you hated blogging. :-P

    Nice to see you gushing over the three guys. If you end up marrying any one of them, remember you owe ME! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, "thank you's" have to be real :P I assure you the rest won't be this long even though I type really fast :D I know it's a pain to read.

    Uhh lol and where got people end up get married after an assignment? (are you going to tell me that after every assignment HAHA) How come you will think of that! Is that how you met your wife ((: I am most curious

    ReplyDelete
  3. I almost missed this "thank you" post.

    "Ji Wei is probably the most amusing person in our group (I mean, actual humor :D)."

    actual humor? as opposed to? i dun get it. haha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. as opposed to?

    Being a joke without having to try? :-P

    ReplyDelete
  5. ah, i see. One is a clown while the other is a stand-up comedian (one of my dream jobs :D).

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Nice to see you gushing over the three guys. If you end up marrying any one of them, remember you owe ME! :-)"

    "Uhh lol and where got people end up get married after an assignment?"

    haha...that's because we are required to do a group proposal! lolx

    ReplyDelete
  7. lame...

    "I still cannot understand why people can't sleep early, wake up early if you end up waking late anyway."
    I know.. it's all about the past-midnight adrenaline rush. It's definitely easier to focus past-midnight. The energy level in the morning is just too low.

    ReplyDelete
  8. "haha...that's because we are required to do a group proposal! lolx"

    LOL that made me LOL for real.

    But I really meant you have natural humour. I mean, there's another really amusing person who is nice to laugh at. But I laugh with you :D

    @joshua
    I get what you mean. I feel like a slug in the morning, but I like to wake up early anyway and be irritable because it's a nice excuse when I say, "Don't mind me, slept late and I got up early. CS3216 is killing me."

    ReplyDelete