Wednesday, January 13, 2010

First Lesson

Hahaha, this is rather late a post, but I've been really busy the past 2 days :/

The first class was really fun, although I didn't get some acronyms so I was kinda "???!?" at times :P But I figured I'll know them all in time, especially after one semester.

During class we were asked an interesting question:

"What is the meaning of life?"

A question I have heard often, but never really given much thought to! I don't really wanna get all philosophical, but it was kinda funny because if we aren't living our lives as described in the "meaning" we have come up with, does it mean we have no life (that really IS the same as our life being meaningless). I am just trying to say that the meaning of life cannot quite be stated so simply. I am alive, you are alive, none of us feel empty, emo and have the urgent need to die, right? :/ Then it must be because our life has some meaning even if we are not aware of what exactly it is.

Anyway, kinda sad that I missed some of those undoubtedly awesome show-and-tells! It would definitely have given me a chance to know everyone better. Right now, I'm not even sure who I'm gonna form a group(s?) with. Though I think it is really hard to pick, and well, we won't know how good someone is until we work with them. Everything else is sales talk/fluff, although I do not doubt everyone in this class is awesome (which is why we have been picked). I mean unless we are all in an interview room then it'd all be really obvious, haha.

Although maybe the idea is to find people who are on the same "wavelength" - very difficult to tell from online as well! I guess I just want a team - for now - of the right mix, i.e. not all designers, programmers, etc.

Bleh, anyway, anyone can lend me PS or Illustrator? My dad took mine overseas so I couldn't re-install on my crashed comp :/

2 comments:

  1. I am alive, you are alive, none of us feel empty, emo and have the urgent need to die, right? :/ Then it must be because our life has some meaning even if we are not aware of what exactly it is.

    The problem with living life without an inkling of its "meaning" (whatever that may be) is that you become somewhat like a walking zombie. :-)

    However, it is true that many people can actually go through life without much thought about its meaning, or if there's a meaning at all.

    Truthfully, you get to pick how you live your life. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think everyone does have an inkling, it's just that if they are asked the question, they wouldn't be able to give an answer they themselves would find satisfactory. I mean we don't have one sole purpose in life, i.e. our lives can have different "meanings". (I dno if meaning can be plural HAHA)

    A walking zombie would be like someone who has no will to live and no meaning in life. Like those people who ask for the right to die because they don't have any reason to live. And I think as long as we have something that keeps us happy, whatever it is, even if we are only subconsiously aware of it, even if we don't ponder deeply about it, then our life has meaning. Things don't always have to be so deep! I am sure there are people who live meaningful lives, even if they have never contemplated what they are doing :D

    ReplyDelete