Saturday, January 16, 2010

CHICKEN!

I love chicken! Really, I do! :D :D

It was awesome of Prof Ben to get us KFC for dinner today! I ate 2 drumsticks and a pack of popcorn chicken. Would've taken more but I was afraid there wouldn't be enough for everyone, haha.

Soo imagine my reaction when I got home and saw what was on the dinner table? Yeap, it was FRIED CHICKEN. Not from KFC - it's better :P Soo, I ate 2 more drumsticks and some randome pieces I feel really blissful now.

It really cheered me up :D Because I was feelin' horrible today since I was so lost during the workshop hahaha. Made worse by the fact I was late... sian waited for the BTC as the sun's rays beat down on me for 50+minutes. I keep forgetting that the BTC is infrequent and waaay ahead of schedule during weekends since there is no jam. And the sun tends to zap away all my energy if I am already really awake (but it gives me energy when I am feeling sluggish). Kept having to Google what half the terms meant and im all my friends for help. I could barely keep up... feel damn useless hahaha. Lucky my cousin offered to teach me some stuff at my own pace tomorrow :D I really love my family!

To add to my n00bness, I always thought people use "java" as a short for "javascript" :P I still don't know their difference (Angad and Yecheng got into a really cheem conversation where I was ??? throughout and settled for smiling stupidly and nodding my head randomly) but at least now I know it's different. One step at a time man. I also still don't really know what Linux is, although the one Prof Ben refers to as handsome (but ofc we all think Prof Ben is "handsomest" :)) kindly clarified my question on why I can't ctrl+c and then ctrl+v instead of typing cp -r and what not LOL. When I asked Chris he said something about GUI (which I again had to Google HAHA) which is still too cheem for me. Sigh, everyone is just damn smart so everything is obvious to them :( SEE, that's why I feel so emo :P Anyway, I think the Linux Penguin thing is so cute!

Blah, and I feel even more emo when I think about my life man. Chris was talking about how he loves learning languages and thus programming... and I was like, "What do I love?" I am still struggling to find that :/ Sad story, but I'm only in Accounts because I didn't know what it was about :P So I thought, "Can't be as bad as Med (went for attachment and saw lots of blood and a psych patient and collected spinal fluid from someone with possibly HIV and lots of other scary things I had to touch) or Law (my lawyer friend told me that honestly, I wouldn't have a choice who I help, even if they are really bad people), okie, apply." Yep.

Anyway, I realized that although Prof Ben smiles a lot, it's partly because he secretly derives great joy from making fun of his students! See la, now everyone will think I am some kind of slacker :( I WAS NOT BLOGGING LEH! But it's okay :) One day... mwahaha.

Hmm, and I just realized my home laptop doesn't have a tilde :X So strange!

5 comments:

  1. To add to my n00bness, I always thought people use "java" as a short for "javascript"

    It's good to be noob. This means that you would have learnt so much by the end of the semester that the money your parents paid to put you through school would be all worth it.

    Let me just remind your that the Internet is the engine of growth for the next 2 decades. Think of how far you'd have pulled ahead of your fellow students in Biz (who are probably as noob as you are right now) by the end of the semester. They will be in your dust. How sweet is that? :-)

    I was like, "What do I love?" I am still struggling to find that :/

    Perhaps you'd both find a meaning to life (and a boyfriend if you dun have one already - look at the number of guys in the class!! You can take you pick!) by the semester? :-)

    Maybe you'd decide to change major? Isn't CS just so much *cooler* than Biz? :-)

    Glad you like chicken! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry that you were lost in the workshops :( I hope you were able to get *something* out of it. If you need/want any extra help on the material pls feel free to bug us tutors. As Dr Ben said, you might as well take the chance and milk us for as much as you can get ;)

    So sorry about the technical jargon also. You should have just stopped me or something.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello! No worries. I think there's an abundance of programmers in the class. I think they'll be very glad to teach you more if you ask them. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha :X I think if I stop the class to ask questions I can easily Google out, everyone will be damn sian xD Maybe after class in the future :) Mm reflecting, I did learn a lot :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, I had this classmate that had a ton of questions in Prof Ben's classes last sem. By no means did she "interrupt" the class or make everyone sian. In fact, sometimes her questions were excellent questions.

    ReplyDelete