Sunday, January 10, 2010

CS3216

I actually really, really, really dislike questions like "What do you hope to learn from blebla...". Yeah, I don't really go into things with specific expectations (oh dear), especially in classes where you don't really know what exactly to expect, i.e. not where everyone comes out with the same set of skills at the end of the day. I mean, that's why we are asked "what do you hope to learn" and not "want to learn", right :P

Gosh, I certainly hope this class will be an unpredictable journey. I hope I can take away from this class something I can't take away from others, though I don't know what that will be. I want to be able to say "definitely, yep" if I was ever asked the clich(funny e) question: Will you do it again if you went back in time? Do I think I will get that from this class? Yeah, that's why I signed up for it. I had this gut feeling which I simply acted on, because I was really, really excited when I read about this module. I'm excited about tomorrow (even show and tell :/ I jest). Never been before in my entire uni life (1 semester is reaaallly long). I didn't come in with a ton of careful thinking "I hope to get this, that, this, that from this module". Actually I think I felt kinda high and I wasn't thinking properly. When we were told thatthe class may affect our other mods, I asked myself in my head: How ah, do I care that my other classes would be affected? I was like: Oh well, don't really want to end up somewhere that only looks at my grades. Try my best not to overlook them, but aiyah, whatever. Cross the bridge when I come to it. Yay! (like a complete idiot) I answered a couple of other questions like that too. I knew I would regret not signing up for this class. Uhh, but looking back, I do still wanna do well in my other classes, so good thing my workload isn't so heavy this sem. Dropped the heavier biz mods I was pre-allocated haha.

Mm, so I think I sort of went off the topic. Bear with me, that happens because I don't exactly plan my blog entries like I do with essays (and I don't plan to :P). I guess this question was posed so that we would have a clearer idea of what we hope to achieve throughout this period (some goal setting), or so those teaching us will have a good idea what we think or whatever.

Aiyah, I hope this is challenging and scary. I hope we are able to find something awesome to do with Google Wave too! I don't know why so many people just go blabla seems pretty useless, what does it do now? Instead of getting excited about the future possibilities, what-will-I-do-with-its (meant positively). (edit: I just read the entry we were directed to read where the blogger said something about the use for Google Wave, and this bit I wrote is in no way related to that :X though I must say I think it's pretty awesome people actually don't know what it's good for) I wasn't intending to disagree with anyone so publicly before I even know them haha. I hope to be able to thoroughly enjoy this (though I don't know why I hope... I know I will :P). I know this will be an awesome opportunity to just do something. A ton of people have asked me why I bother to take this since I am in accountancy, haha. I am sure other accts students have also taken it before though for the same reason as I have :D I feel so relieved after watching the Steve Jobs video man :P Assured me that this was the right choice (not that I needed assurance HAHA, confirmation bias). And uhh, my greatest fear is kinda that I won't be able to contribute enough to the teams I am in or the class because everyone is so much more awesome than I am, I'm gonna suck relatively :/ Though I will put in my best and help to the best of my ability. So I hope I won't turn into someone who doesn't really contribute. Blaaah I'm actually pretty confident of myself, just that this is uh uncharted territory.

And all the other usualy stuff like team work, better understanding of..., meeting awesome people, etc.etc.

---
Wah, everyone uses quotes a lot :/ So here's mine inserted rather awkwardly at the end.

"The tooth fairy teaches children that they can sell body parts for money" David Richerby.
YES!!

Next time, I'll think of a more relevant one :P But this one has been stuck in my head since I read it a while back, so... haha :D It's so true, right!

2 comments:

  1. I actually really, really, really dislike questions like "What do you hope to learn from blebla...".

    Whoops. Sorry to make you answer a question you really, really, really dislike. Will try to do better next time and give you questions you actually like to answer? Would you like to give me some hints about what you like to answer?

    A ton of people have asked me why I bother to take this since I am in accountancy, haha. I am sure other accts students have also taken it before though for the same reason as I have

    Actually, no. You're the first accountancy student to take CS3216. We did however have a lawyer girl once, an MBA and random folks from other majors... but yes, you have the honour of being the first accountancy grad to take CS3216.

    I like your confidence. Perhaps the dots will eventually connect. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I disliked it, but I think I sort of answered it, haha... like how I dislike questions in interviews about our strengths/weaknesses also. But I'm working on answering them properly and honestly :P Wasn't really complaining, it's a personal thing, I guess (because I suck at them partly)! Uhh don't need to find me something I like to answer la :P

    ReplyDelete